Friday, August 10, 2012

Insert: Geocaching Sourvenirs

Before I get started on the south coast of Nova Scotia, I will warn you now that geocaching is going to be playing a part in this little sojourn of ours.  I had saved a couple of "travel bugs" to deposit in a well-deserving place and so I brought them along with us on this trip.

We began our searching for geocaches in the UNESCO Heritage Site Lunenburg, Nova Scotia. A friend or several friends actually have asked me what I get out of it.  It's silly, but I just enjoy the hunt, the research, the discovery; and it has been serving as a tourist guide as well for places we would never have found on our own.  This has certainly proved to be true on this trip.

Since 1009, I have only found 128; but they have been located in the areas where we have traveled.

Groundspeak.com, the folks who have brought us geocaching.com which is the place where I can search for locations of geocaches, have been sending me "souvenirs" of the states and provinces where I have found a geocache.  Thought I might share them with you; I think they are quite good.  Enjoy
















No comments: